Herxheimer Reaction:
Feeling worse before feeling better

During the first one to two weeks your body will experience the “Herxheimer Reaction.” What is this? The Herxheimer Reaction (die-off reaction) is a short-term (from days to a few weeks) detoxification reaction in the body. As the body detoxifies, it is not uncommon to experience flu-like symptoms including headache, joint and muscle pain, body aches, sore throat, general malaise, sweating, chills, nausea or other symptoms.

This is a normal — and even healthy — reaction to the toxins that are released when large numbers of parasites, fungus, viruses, bacteria or other pathogens are being effectively killed off and the body does not eliminate the toxins quickly enough. The important thing to note is that worsening symptoms do not indicate failure of the treatment in question, in fact, usually just the opposite.

Don’t make this Mistake!

The biggest problem with the Herxheimer reaction is that people stop taking the supplement that is causing the reaction, and thus discontinue the very treatment that is helping to make them better. Although the experience may not make you feel particularly good, the Herxheimer Reaction is actually a sign that healing is taking place.

Internal Cleansing and Toxic Overload

Internal cleansing is a natural, everyday process of the body. Eliminating toxins is foundational to our survival. It is the doorway to optimal health. In today's highly polluted world, our normal body processes can be easily overwhelmed. When this happens, we begin to accumulate toxins. Our body tries to protect us from these toxins by storing them in our cells, mucus and fat, waiting for a time when they can be eliminated. Unless we periodically help our bodies by internally cleansing, this accumulation can lead to a “toxic overload.” Left unattended, our bodies experience disease as a result of this toxic overload. If you have cancer you have “toxic overload.”

This web site is intended to direct the attention of both physician and patient to the mounting evidence that most cancers are caused by deeply embedded fungal conditions. It is for educational purposes.

It is not intended to replace the orthodox physician-patient relationship. If you are sick, you are advised to consult a physician, and together, along with your newly gained knowledge, work toward the resolution of your illness.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.